Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Season O' Ice House has begun

I am in trouble now.. the seacoast's ice cream joints are coming back to life JUST in time for me to recommit to my health and fitness plan. Awesome.

The Ice House is a clam shack - come- summer MUST visit restaurant... picnic tables outside and usually a line both for the restaurant that goes out the door and down the ramp, or around the parking lot for the ice cream stand. Now, I understand they don't make their own ice cream, that it's actually GIFFORD brand, but that doesn't detract from the pleasure of walking up to an old work style ice cream shop and ordering your favorite combo or sundae. I might have had trouble telling you what my favorite is, there are lot of flavors that I enjoy. The PURPLE COW yogurt is fantastic - black raspberry yogurt with milk and white chocolate chunks. YUM..

however, at the end of last season and reconfirmed with my first ice cream stand stop of the summer.. is the choc chip peanut butter twirl ice cream with peanut butter sauce. WH-aaaaaaa-T!? So amazing.. so delicious... so sinful. And so I confess that this visit falls on the day I started back at the gym, but maybe that compensates for the shameful self-indulgence that is stopping at the ice cream stand ALONE after having had a nice meal with friends. Needless to say, this isn't something I will have the luxury everyday, or every week for that matter. I need to learn a little self-control though if something, anything, were to tempt me over and over and over again.. it would be peanut butter.. especially peanut butter sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment