Thursday, May 7, 2009

"wangs" and beer

There is just something about meeting some good friends over plates of wings and pitchers of beer. I would never have thought I would be the girl to initiate these get togethers, but I have indeed found a peace in the simplest forms of bonding; finger licking, beer swillin' good times.

WINGS UR WAY is a great place in Portsmouth that was started by some college friends, as far as I know, and has since taken off into almost a chain status business. The restaurant doesn't appeal to me and doesn't often seem to house many patrons, but the bar always has a cool collection of people, both men and women. The game is on the tv, though not too loud, the staff are dressed comfortably, but not too slutty, the beer mugs come cold and there is an extensive menu of wing and other options to choose from. There aren't many restaurants that have that "meet here very Friday" feeling for me.. a beer or a margarita once in a while is cool, and a place where you know the bartender's name like a certain micro-brewery.. however, this restaurant has served up three repeat trips of good fun and good food so I am happy to say, I would spend my Happy Hour there anytime.

wangs and beer, Wangs AND Beer, WANGS AND BEER!!!! Mmm Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment