Thursday, September 15, 2011

For The Love of It


There are all sorts of things to love about New England; far too many to name in fact. It is easier to break it down by season, especially as we transition from Summer into Fall - my favorite season of all.

It has been a seemingly short Summer, though I find time in general is passing by far more quickly these days. They do say as we get older that time escapes us. I am frightened to admit it does. I try to get things done but the day is over before I know it, and then the week, the month.. and here we are almost in 2012.

As I was saying, Summer was short this year from a meteorological standpoint. We had some blasts of humidity and heat, some torrential downpours, and ended with one bang-up storm, Tropical Storm Irene. I was at the beach maybe twice, not including the week I spent in the Outer Banks in North Carolina, so it was not enough to my satisfaction. We are finally getting to enjoy outside movies as my friends and I had planned to do it all Summer. But like I said, time got away from us all.

The air has changed and while some humidity is still hanging over us, there is a crispness that sweeps in overnight. As the sun sets, you can feel the dampness seep through your think Summer clothes, calling out for a sweatshirt, closed toed shoes, or GASP, pants. I shall resist as long as I can, but as time has proven, the season will change with or without my permission. In fact, at a wedding I photographed this past weekend, the light has clearly changed and that auburn Fall light is being cast across the water in shadows. It is a beautiful sight to behold. And I am looking forward to another glorious Autumn in New England.


Sunset shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment