Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Watching the waist line


As part of New Year, many people resolve to lose weight or at least get more exercise. I am certainly also one of the many though I've yet to step foot back in the gym or check in with my Jenny Craig consultant. Instead, I am taking baby steps and trying to choose healthier recipes.

In my heydey, I was a diehard Weight Watchers participant. I could tell you how many points were in a serving of almost anything. I prepared recipes from their online recipe guide and attended meetings as if my life depended on it. In some way, I suppose, it has. Needless to say that in all those lower calorie, lower fat recipes, at least a few were going to be memorable enough (in a good way) for me to want to make again at a later time.

So, years later though I am no longer a WW attendee, I was thinking about desserts that might not be too sinful. A friend reminded me of the Peanut Butter Pie recipe that we thought was to die(t) for; and so I share with you, a lower calorie, lower fat recipe that is VERY tasty!



Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Pie


½ c reduced fat peanut butter

4 oz low fat cream cheese

4 oz fat free cream cheese

2 Tbsp lemon juice

1 12oz can fat free sweetened condensed milk

1 cup lite whipped topping, defrosted

5 oz mini chocolate chips

1 ready made graham cracker pie shell

PREPARATIONS:

  1. Combine Peanut butter and both cream cheeses together with electric mixer til smooth.
  2. Gradually add lemon juice and milk until combined
  3. Fold in whipped topping and chocolate chips.
  4. Pour mixture into pie shell
  5. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
(WW points: 7 for 1/10 of pie)

No comments:

Post a Comment