
I can't even BEGIN to describe the energy, the vitality and the exuberance that rocked the floors, the balcony and the ceiling of the Portsmouth Music Hall last night.
The 2-time Latin Grammy award-winning Latin Hip Hop band, Ozomatli, can roaring into town for a one night only performance at our historic arts center. For well over 90 minutes, the crew of 7 musicians and singers held court over the New Hampshire crowd performing scores of their hits as well as new songs from their recently release album, "Fire Away." And Fire Away they did.. the personality of each of the musicians came through the music. They danced, they joked, they laughed.. they interacted with 4 youngsters that they invited onstage to play some backup instruments and dance around. And as they have done many times before, they transported the performance from the stage into the audience, and took over the row where I was seated to have a drum line.
It is with complete confidence that I can say all of the members of Ozomatli love what they do. They love bringing their music and their positivity to every corner of the country. And Portsmouth, NH loved having them. I took three friends, two of whom weren't familiar with the music but love live performances. Well, they are now converted to being Ozomatli fans, and I am not sure how anyone who sees them perform live couldn't be an instant fan. You are swept into a Hip-Hop Carnival, Rio style, on a whirlwind of a ride that you don't want to ever get off.
This concert not only rocked the Music Hall, it also rocked me and I was once again reminded how true artists that share their talent are the heroes of our world. In sharing their message, their talent and their passion, each of us grows a little bit more. I knew it would be good. I please to say it even exceeded my expectations. 2 Thumbs WAY up!
No comments:
Post a Comment